DentCare is committed to protecting the company’s employees, properties, information, reputation and customer’s assets from potential threats in healthcare service industries. This policy is guided by the company’s basic core values, code of conduct, business ethics and healthcare security standards, and it fashions the way we operate throughout the Dental Laboratory. All security activities must adhere to the general principles laid down below:
• All employees and third parties must always be aware of and take responsibility for the security aspects of the company’s business activities;
• Threats analysis and risk evaluations should be conducted on a regular basis;
• Security procedures and guidelines should be seamlessly integrated with business activities;
• “Incident prevention” must be the first priority;
• Preparedness response plans must be developed and tested to deal with assessed risks rapidly and effectively;
• Security measures and procedures must be subject to regular inspections, validations and verifications by security auditor so as to maintain high security standards for DentCare operations world-wide;
• The level of professionalism, knowledge and integrity of staff involved in security matters must be tightly controlled;
• Appropriate training plans, customer screening, recruitment, contracting and termination procedures must be established and implemented;
• All incidents, including security breaches and irregularities must be reported and recorded. Corrective action should be taken and followed up through regular verifications to improve the overall security standard.
This policy has been approved by the Information Security Steering Committee. It will be reviewed, and if necessary revised, annually to keep up to date and will be released.